Quality and Safety Award
This award recognizes a nurse who has developed, implemented or advocated for quality, safety and/or injury prevention initiatives that have resulted in improved outcomes in the emergency care setting at the local, state or national level. This award was established in 2015.
- The nominee must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- One narrative statement describing the nominee’s contribution to quality, safety and/or injury prevention in the profession of nursing and the practice of emergency nursing. Additional narrative statements are allowed, but are not required. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee:
- developed or promoted quality, safety or injury prevention initiatives in the emergency care setting at the local, state or national level
- A description of how the nominee actively participates in:
- partnerships with local emergency care providers, law enforcement and/or community groups to promote quality or safety strategies or programs that have resulted in improved outcomes OR
- promotion of injury prevention efforts through structured programs as evidenced by documentation in the local media, state newsletters or chapter activities.
- A description of the nominee’s advocacy efforts related to legislation, policy or regulatory enforcement that will prevent injuries and deaths or improve the delivery of safe care.
Award Nomination and Application
Award Quality and Safety 2017 Final
Award Nomination Form 2017 Final
Quality and Safety Award Recipients
2016 – Julie Crabb, RN, BSN, TNS
2015 – Rosemarie Nolazco, BSN, RN (Inaugural Recipient)