This award is given at the discretion of the Illinois State Council ENA President to a member who has had a great impact on the President’s career through inspiration, mentorship, teaching or support or for outstanding service to Illinois State Council ENA. This award was established in 2013.
- The nominee must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- The nominee must have demonstrated outstanding dedication and service to improve emergency nursing, and/or Illinois State Council ENA, and/or the EMS community.
- Advancing and Leading the Profession – A nurse who is well known and respected as a visionary, innovative leader and change agent, who moves the profession forward through work in patient care, administration, education, research, or strengthens it through other professional activities, endeavors, or contributions.
- Education and Mentorship – A nurse who contributes to nursing’s body of knowledge through formal nursing education, skills training, continuing education, or who guides, supports or influences nurses’ professional development in meaningful and measurable ways through the art and science of professional nursing.
- Volunteerism and Service – A nurse who demonstrates outstanding humanitarian and/or heroic ways by providing nursing care, skills, and expertise in outreach to the community, either at home or abroad, to improve the lives, well-being, and healthcare of others.
President’s Award Recipients
2017 – Elisabeth K. Weber, RN, MA, CEN
2016 – Nicholas Nelson, MS, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, CCRN, NRP
2015 – Vicki Bacidore, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC, CEN, TNS
2014 – Jan Gillespie, RN, BA, TNS
2013 – Nicholas Nelson, MS, RN, CEN, CPEN, CPN, TNS, NRP (Inaugural Recipient)