Nursing Education Award
This award recognizes a nurse who has made significant contributions to the education of colleagues, nursing students, patients, families, and/or the community, through the publication of articles, formal or informal courses, or the development of a specific emergency nursing program or curriculum. This award was established in 2015.
- The nominee must be a member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- One narrative statement describing the nominee’s contributions to the knowledge base of colleagues, nursing students, patients, families and/or the community. Additional narrative statements are allowed, but are not required. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee:
- demonstrates education competence as a mentor, preceptor, resource or instructor in programs for emergency nurses or other healthcare professions, OR
- developed educational programs, especially that are innovative in nature, for nursing students, patients and their families.
- A summary of the specific situations where the nominee has demonstrated nursing experience through publications or significant educational projects.
- A description of how the nominee participated in the development or implementation of educational programs related to the specialty of emergency care.
Award Nomination and Application
Award Nursing Education 2017 Final
Award Nomination Form 2017 Final
Nursing Education Award Recipients
2017 – Marlene Bokholdt, MS, RN, CPEN, TCRN, CEN
2016 – Nicholas Nelson, MS, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, CCRN, NRP
2015 – Marites Gonzaga-Reardon, MSN, APN, CCNS, CEN (Inaugural Recipient)