EMS Nursing Award
This award recognizes a nurse who has made significant contributions to the education of EMS providers, emergency nurses or other healthcare professionals in regards to EMS, patients, families, and/or the community through continued support and education, formal and informal courses, or the development of EMS programs. This award was established in 2016.
- The nominee must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- One narrative statement describing the nominee’s contributions to the knowledge base of colleagues, EMS providers, patients, families and/or the community. Additional narrative statements are allowed, but not required. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee:
- demonstrates education competence as a mentor, preceptor, resource or instructor in programs for EMS providers and/or emergency nurses or other healthcare professionals in regards to EMS OR
- developed educational programs, especially those that are innovative in nature for EMS providers, patients and their families.
- A summary of the specific situations where the nominee has demonstrated EMS nursing expertise through publications or significant educational projects.
- A description of how the nominee has contributed to the development of EMS education, policy and professional development.
Award Nomination and Application
EMS Nursing Award
Award Nomination Form 2018 Final
EMS Nursing Award Recipients
2017 – Cassandra “Cassy” O’Brien, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, TNS
2016 – Mary “MO” Otting, BSN, RN, CEN (Inaugural Recipient)