Clinical Leadership Award
This award recognizes a nurse who has consistently made significant contributions to their colleagues, nursing students, patients, families, emergency nursing profession, and/or the community, through their leadership and mentoring activities.
- The nominee must be a member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- Two narrative statements from two different individuals utilizing the five separate criteria below. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee demonstrates professional characteristics of an emergency nurse while collaborating with colleagues in the work setting
- A description of how the nominee encourages professional development through role modeling, mentoring and leadership skills.
- A description of the creative solutions to tough management decisions or program development that have benefitted the staff.
- A summary of the specific situations where the nominee has served as a consultant or resource on emergency nursing issues.
- A description of how the staff and colleagues regard and respect the nominee as an effective clinical leader.
Award Nomination and Application
Award Clinical Leadership 2017 Final
Award Nomination Form 2017 Final
Clinical Leadership Award Recipients
2017 – Jeff Murphy, MSN, MHA, RN, CEN, NE-BC (Inaugural Recipient)